Where can I find help for grieving pet owners?
Original Question: Are there any grief counsellors or support groups designed to help people deal with the loss of their beloved pet? - Anonymous
- Support Groups are popping up in numerous communities and may even be offered by your local crematorium, veterinary clinic or veterinary teaching hospital.
- Online chat rooms and hotlines are also becoming increasingly popular.
- Certified Pet Loss Grief Counselors have been trained to help and provide support and understanding during this difficult time. Sometimes it just takes a sympathetic ear to help us move on with the mourning of a pet.
Dr. Jocelyn Anne Mason, DVM
Disclaimer: healthcareforpets.com and its team of veterinarians and clinicians do not endorse any products, services, or recommended advice. All advice presented by our veterinarians, clinicians, tools, resources, etc is not meant to replace a regular physical exam and consultation with your primary veterinarian or other clinicians. We always encourage you to seek medical advice from your regular veterinarian.
- Do surviving pets grieve the loss of another pet?
- Answered by: Dr. Jocelyn Anne Mason, DVM
- Aug 29, 2020