Was my puppy given a rabies shot too early?
Original Question: What happened to my dog? He is 2 months and 10 days old and he was given an anti-rabies vaccine today. - Angelo
I’m sorry to hear if something is wrong with your pup. I would encourage you to reach out to your veterinarian, or seek a second opinion, regarding vaccine protocols. Most veterinarians utilize the American Animal Hospital Association vaccination guidelines and this seems early for a rabies vaccination.
Best of luck,
Dr. Ryan Llera
Disclaimer: healthcareforpets.com and its team of veterinarians and clinicians do not endorse any products, services, or recommended advice. All advice presented by our veterinarians, clinicians, tools, resources, etc is not meant to replace a regular physical exam and consultation with your primary veterinarian or other clinicians. We always encourage you to seek medical advice from your regular veterinarian.
- Do you recommend a stool test for my dog who is on a raw food diet?
- Answered by: Dennis Chmiel, DVM, MBA
- Nov 25, 2020
- Do small or large breed dogs have more problems with their teeth?
- Answered by: Jeanne Perrone, MS, CVT, VTS (Dentistry)
- Sep 5, 2020
- How do dogs contract leptospirosis and how can it be prevented?
- Answered by: Dr. Alex Avery, BVSc
- Jun 21, 2019