Why does our overweight cat leave large lumps of urine in her litter and need her bum wiped?
Original Question: My five-year old female spayed cat is overweight and we have to wipe her bum for her. Since yesterday she has been smelling strongly of urine and I found in her litter large lumps of urine as well. This situation has happened in the past but the problem went away. We feed her mostly nutritious wet food supplemented by some kibbles and dental treats. She drinks clean filtered water. Please advise what we should do to help her. Thank you very much. - Rose
Disclaimer: healthcareforpets.com and its team of veterinarians and clinicians do not endorse any products, services, or recommended advice. All advice presented by our veterinarians, clinicians, tools, resources, etc is not meant to replace a regular physical exam and consultation with your primary veterinarian or other clinicians. We always encourage you to seek medical advice from your regular veterinarian.
- Do you recommend a stool test for my cat who is on a raw food diet?
- Answered by: Dennis Chmiel, DVM, MBA
- Nov 25, 2020
- When can you start brushing a cat’s teeth?
- Answered by: Jeanne Perrone, MS, CVT, VTS (Dentistry)
- Jun 13, 2020
- Why does my cat have a runny nose and discharge in his eyes?
- Answered by: Dr. Alex Avery, BVSc
- May 16, 2019