Is it normal for a dog to become lethargic and weak after a rabies shot?
Original Question: Love your show Dr. Greenway! I have a 5 year old Shih Tzu/Bichon named Happy. As his name suggests, he's been a happy, energetic dog who loves to play since day 1. Less than 2 weeks ago he had his rabies shot. Last week he started becoming lethargic and can't jump up onto my couch or bed anymore. He's eating, drinking, pooping and peeing but he's just not "happy." Is this something that will take care of itself? Thank you -
Disclaimer: healthcareforpets.com and its team of veterinarians and clinicians do not endorse any products, services, or recommended advice. All advice presented by our veterinarians, clinicians, tools, resources, etc is not meant to replace a regular physical exam and consultation with your primary veterinarian or other clinicians. We always encourage you to seek medical advice from your regular veterinarian.
- Do you recommend a stool test for my dog who is on a raw food diet?
- Answered by: Dennis Chmiel, DVM, MBA
- Nov 25, 2020
- Do small or large breed dogs have more problems with their teeth?
- Answered by: Jeanne Perrone, MS, CVT, VTS (Dentistry)
- Sep 5, 2020
- How do dogs contract leptospirosis and how can it be prevented?
- Answered by: Dr. Alex Avery, BVSc
- Jun 21, 2019