My dog got stung by a wasp or bee and had an allergic reaction. What should my next steps be?
Original Question: Good morning, my 40 pound dog was stung by a bee or wasp. Within 2 minutes she had diarrhea and could barely walk. I had to carry her over 1 km to my car and I gave her Benadryl at home approximately 1 hour after the sting. She did not have difficulty breathing but was lethargic and swollen for the rest of the day. My question is should she have an allergy test done and should I have an epipen? I do carry Benadryl. Thanks - Nancy
Disclaimer: healthcareforpets.com and its team of veterinarians and clinicians do not endorse any products, services, or recommended advice. All advice presented by our veterinarians, clinicians, tools, resources, etc is not meant to replace a regular physical exam and consultation with your primary veterinarian or other clinicians. We always encourage you to seek medical advice from your regular veterinarian.
- Do you recommend a stool test for my dog who is on a raw food diet?
- Answered by: Dennis Chmiel, DVM, MBA
- Nov 25, 2020
- Do small or large breed dogs have more problems with their teeth?
- Answered by: Jeanne Perrone, MS, CVT, VTS (Dentistry)
- Sep 5, 2020
- How do dogs contract leptospirosis and how can it be prevented?
- Answered by: Dr. Alex Avery, BVSc
- Jun 21, 2019