Is dry or wet cat food better for cats?
Original Question: Which cat food is best, wet cat food or dry cat food? - Shiva
Food discussions are always a potentially complicated matter but this one has pros and cons to both. Both types of foods have their merits and their drawbacks. Wet foods are good for the moisture content, can help with urinary or constipation issues, and may have some benefits for the skin. Dry foods are quite tasty to many cats, can be more beneficial for helping to maintain dental health, and are convenient or won’t spoil if left out during the day. I prefer to use a combination of both and my own cats get canned food in the morning and dry food at night.
I hope this helps,
Dr. Ryan Llera
Disclaimer: healthcareforpets.com and its team of veterinarians and clinicians do not endorse any products, services, or recommended advice. All advice presented by our veterinarians, clinicians, tools, resources, etc is not meant to replace a regular physical exam and consultation with your primary veterinarian or other clinicians. We always encourage you to seek medical advice from your regular veterinarian.
- Do you recommend a stool test for my cat who is on a raw food diet?
- Answered by: Dennis Chmiel, DVM, MBA
- Nov 25, 2020
- When can you start brushing a cat’s teeth?
- Answered by: Jeanne Perrone, MS, CVT, VTS (Dentistry)
- Jun 13, 2020
- Why does my cat have a runny nose and discharge in his eyes?
- Answered by: Dr. Alex Avery, BVSc
- May 16, 2019