How many feline greenies dental treats?
Original Question: How many treats are too many for a cat daily? We give her Feline Greenies Dental Treats, about 8-10 per day. Thanks - Ellen
If she tolerates them well then you can use them. Just make sure you’re not giving so many feline greenies dental treats that she will get fat. This is extremely common and quite honestly by your email, I wonder if this may already be happening. Owners often have a lot of trouble keeping their pets at a healthy weight. Check with your veterinarian that she is a good weight. They can also do a calculation to tell you how many calories she should consume on a daily basis to maintain a healthy weight.
I hope this helps.
Dr. Clayton Greenway
Disclaimer: healthcareforpets.com and its team of veterinarians and clinicians do not endorse any products, services, or recommended advice. All advice presented by our veterinarians, clinicians, tools, resources, etc is not meant to replace a regular physical exam and consultation with your primary veterinarian or other clinicians. We always encourage you to seek medical advice from your regular veterinarian.
- Do you recommend a stool test for my cat who is on a raw food diet?
- Answered by: Dennis Chmiel, DVM, MBA
- Nov 25, 2020
- When can you start brushing a cat’s teeth?
- Answered by: Jeanne Perrone, MS, CVT, VTS (Dentistry)
- Jun 13, 2020
- Why does my cat have a runny nose and discharge in his eyes?
- Answered by: Dr. Alex Avery, BVSc
- May 16, 2019