Does pumpkin help dogs with diarrhea?
Original Question: Just to let you know pure pumpkin works great for diarrhea in dogs. Buy a can at the grocery store and store leftover’s in an ice cube tray. - Christine
I have often recommended that canned pumpkin be used to increase the fibre content of a diet. I was recently told by a board-certified nutritionist that the fibre content is actually quite low and that it shouldn’t be used for this. Despite that information, I’ve had many clients say that it was beneficial.
All the best,
Dr. Clayton Greenway
Disclaimer: healthcareforpets.com and its team of veterinarians and clinicians do not endorse any products, services, or recommended advice. All advice presented by our veterinarians, clinicians, tools, resources, etc is not meant to replace a regular physical exam and consultation with your primary veterinarian or other clinicians. We always encourage you to seek medical advice from your regular veterinarian.
- Do you recommend a stool test for my dog who is on a raw food diet?
- Answered by: Dennis Chmiel, DVM, MBA
- Nov 25, 2020
- Do small or large breed dogs have more problems with their teeth?
- Answered by: Jeanne Perrone, MS, CVT, VTS (Dentistry)
- Sep 5, 2020
- How do dogs contract leptospirosis and how can it be prevented?
- Answered by: Dr. Alex Avery, BVSc
- Jun 21, 2019