Do I need a rabies shot after my unvaccinated dog bit me?
Original Question: Coco my dog bit me yesterday and drew blood. Should I get a rabies shot? Coco is not vaccinated for rabies yet. - Krishna
I would consult your human physician on that. This same event happened to me during an exam of an unvaccinated cat and I received vaccination but you have to be evaluated by your human physician.
Sorry, I only deal in the 4 legged!
Dr. Clayton Greenway
Disclaimer: healthcareforpets.com and its team of veterinarians and clinicians do not endorse any products, services, or recommended advice. All advice presented by our veterinarians, clinicians, tools, resources, etc is not meant to replace a regular physical exam and consultation with your primary veterinarian or other clinicians. We always encourage you to seek medical advice from your regular veterinarian.
- Do you recommend a stool test for my dog who is on a raw food diet?
- Answered by: Dennis Chmiel, DVM, MBA
- Nov 25, 2020
- Do small or large breed dogs have more problems with their teeth?
- Answered by: Jeanne Perrone, MS, CVT, VTS (Dentistry)
- Sep 5, 2020
- How do dogs contract leptospirosis and how can it be prevented?
- Answered by: Dr. Alex Avery, BVSc
- Jun 21, 2019