Why is my cat losing a lot of hair?
Original Question: My cat is losing a lot of hair, please help me with this. - Kaustubh
Hair loss in a cat could be due to a number of causes. Fleas or a flea allergy would be the easiest to explain. Other issues could be hyperthyroidism, food or environmental allergies, mange mites, or ringworm to name a few. A trip to your vet is the best recommendation to help figure out what is going on.
Best of luck,
Dr. Ryan Llera
Disclaimer: healthcareforpets.com and its team of veterinarians and clinicians do not endorse any products, services, or recommended advice. All advice presented by our veterinarians, clinicians, tools, resources, etc is not meant to replace a regular physical exam and consultation with your primary veterinarian or other clinicians. We always encourage you to seek medical advice from your regular veterinarian.
- Do you recommend a stool test for my cat who is on a raw food diet?
- Answered by: Dennis Chmiel, DVM, MBA
- Nov 25, 2020
- When can you start brushing a cat’s teeth?
- Answered by: Jeanne Perrone, MS, CVT, VTS (Dentistry)
- Jun 13, 2020
- Why does my cat have a runny nose and discharge in his eyes?
- Answered by: Dr. Alex Avery, BVSc
- May 16, 2019