How can I stop my dog from having recurrent ear infections?
Original Question: I have a 2-year-old French Bulldog who has chronic ear infections. I had a culture done and was prescribed Mometamax. This clears it up temporarily and then it recurs. What else can I do to stop his from recurring? - Ettie
Thanks for your question.
Chronic ear infections can be challenging and they can take a great deal of effort to resolve. I have a lot of information that I can share which I think will really help you. It’s a great deal of advice so I have written an article on our website that outlines this, entitled ‘7 Key Strategies to Treat Ear Infections’. I’m certain it will help out a lot! I also encourage you to check out our video on how to properly clean a dog’s ear as a preventative measure.
Dr. Clayton Greenway
Disclaimer: healthcareforpets.com and its team of veterinarians and clinicians do not endorse any products, services, or recommended advice. All advice presented by our veterinarians, clinicians, tools, resources, etc is not meant to replace a regular physical exam and consultation with your primary veterinarian or other clinicians. We always encourage you to seek medical advice from your regular veterinarian.
- Do you recommend a stool test for my dog who is on a raw food diet?
- Answered by: Dennis Chmiel, DVM, MBA
- Nov 25, 2020
- Do small or large breed dogs have more problems with their teeth?
- Answered by: Jeanne Perrone, MS, CVT, VTS (Dentistry)
- Sep 5, 2020
- How do dogs contract leptospirosis and how can it be prevented?
- Answered by: Dr. Alex Avery, BVSc
- Jun 21, 2019