InHe Manufacturing, LLC and MHR Brands Recalls Several Products Due to Potential Risk of Excess Lead
Company Announcement Date: 23/07/2020
Product Type: Hemp Oil Tinctures for Dogs and Cats
Reason for Announcement: Excess lead in product
Company Name: InHE Manufacturing, LLC
Brand Name: Tasty Drops, Purfurred, Made by Hemp, Herbal Renewals, Barkley Bistro, A Clean Choice, BC Hemp Co LLC, Boost IV Hydration, LLC, Acadia Farms
Reason for Recall
The company was recently advised by the Florida Department of Health of the presence of elevated heavy metals (lead) in some of its products. In response to this information, the Company undertook an investigation and determined that the issue related to graduated droppers provided by a third-party packaging supplier.
Lead Toxicity Information
Exposure to lead could present physical signs and symptoms including, pain, paresthesia/muscle weakness, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, poor appetite, weight loss, symptoms associated with encephalitis, metallic taste in the mouth, shock, hemolysis or kidney damage.
Prior to notifying customers of this recall, MHR Brands had not received any reports of adverse health effects regarding the recalled products.
Pet Consumption (MHR Brands):
- Tasty Drops – Cat Tincture 1oz/200mg: FG003156, FG003325
- Tasty Drops – Dog Tincture 1oz/200mg: FG003157, FG003286, FG003324
- Purfurred – Dog Tincture, 1oz/200mg: FG003188
- Made by Hemp – Cat Tincture, 1oz/200mg: FG003178
- Made by Hemp – Dog Tincture, 1oz/200mg: FG003179
Pet Consumption (White Label):
- Herbal Renewals – Cat Tincture, 1oz/200mg: FG003213
- Herbal Renewals – Pet Blend, 1oz/200mg: FG003223, FG003310
- Barkley Bistro – Dog Tincture, 1oz/200mg: FG003145
- A Clean Choice – Cat Tincture, 1oz/200mg: FG003117
- A Clean Choice – Cat Tincture, 500mg/1oz.: FG003118
- A Clean Choice – Dog Tincture, 1oz/200mg: FG003116
- A Clean Choice – Dog Tincture, 500mg/1oz.: FG003115
- BC Hemp Co LLC – Pet Tincture, 1oz/200mg: FG003165
- Boost IV Hydration, LLC – Dog Tincture, 1oz/200mg: FG003270
- Acadia Farms – Pet Blend, 1oz/200mg: FG003176
Steps Taken By Company In Response to Recall
In response and in conjunction with the regulatory authorities, the Company:
- issued a voluntary nationwide recall of the affected products, providing every customer with replacement products at no cost to the customer; and
- retained a replacement third-party packaging supplier for all replacement and future products.
- Discontinue use of graduated droppers in the future.
MHR distributes nationally directly to consumers thorough internet sales and is currently notifying all customers about the ongoing recall directly. The Company also manufactures for other marketers and is notifying those customer of this issue and the identified LOTS urging return of the product to the Company or place of purchase for a free replacement.
What You Should Do
Consumers should contact their physician or healthcare provider if they experience any symptoms that may be related to using the products being recalled. Consumers should observe pets and contact their veterinarian as signs and symptoms of lead exposure in pets may be similar to those in humans.
Vendors should immediately examine their inventory and quarantine product subject to this recall. In addition, if you may have further distributed this product, please identify your customers and notify them at once of this product recall. Your notification to your customers should include a copy of this recall notification letter.
Product Disposition: Return the product to the Company or destruction.
Phone: MHR Brands at 844-300-5673, Monday to Friday from 9 am – 5 pm (EST)
Disclaimer: healthcareforpets.com and its team of veterinarians and clinicians do not endorse any products, services, or recommended advice. All advice presented by our veterinarians, clinicians, tools, resources, etc is not meant to replace a regular physical exam and consultation with your primary veterinarian or other clinicians. We always encourage you to seek medical advice from your regular veterinarian.
- ‘People should be aware’: eggs of tiny infectious worm found in parks in New York and Europe
- Sep 23, 2022