The Top 10 Signs of a Bad Veterinarian
By: Dr. Clayton Greenway, B.Sc., DVM | Jul 18, 2016
Here are 10 signs you have a bad veterinarian:
10. They only say ‘hi’ to you and not your pet.
9. They correct you if you forget to call them ‘Doctor’.
8. They carry a muzzle in their pocket.
7. They refuse to give you a written prescription so you can only buy a drug from them.
6. They don’t return a call within 24 hours.
5. They don’t offer multiple options for diagnosing and treating your pet.
4. They administer a vaccine without reviewing the reason it’s being given and checking to see if you agree that it’s necessary.
3. You overhear them yell at a staff member or an animal.
2. They recommend unnecessary veterinary procedures or the treatment they want to see happen and don’t pay attention to the problem that you want to get fixed.
1. They treat your pet, but they don’t treat you with consideration.
Disclaimer: healthcareforpets.com and its team of veterinarians and clinicians do not endorse any products, services, or recommended advice. All advice presented by our veterinarians, clinicians, tools, resources, etc is not meant to replace a regular physical exam and consultation with your primary veterinarian or other clinicians. We always encourage you to seek medical advice from your regular veterinarian.