What is the recommended rabies vaccination schedule for puppies?
Original Question: Our puppy received his rabies shot at a microchip clinic instead of our vet this past spring. He's 9 months old now. The rabies vaccine given was a 3 year vaccine . The vet tech at our regular vet mentioned that even though he got a 3 year dose, because he is a puppy he will need another rabies vaccine a year from when it was administered. Our vet only dispenses the 1 year vaccine. Can you explain if this is true and why it wouldn't be 3 years? -
Disclaimer: healthcareforpets.com and its team of veterinarians and clinicians do not endorse any products, services, or recommended advice. All advice presented by our veterinarians, clinicians, tools, resources, etc is not meant to replace a regular physical exam and consultation with your primary veterinarian or other clinicians. We always encourage you to seek medical advice from your regular veterinarian.
- Do you recommend a stool test for my dog who is on a raw food diet?
- Answered by: Dennis Chmiel, DVM, MBA
- Nov 25, 2020
- Do small or large breed dogs have more problems with their teeth?
- Answered by: Jeanne Perrone, MS, CVT, VTS (Dentistry)
- Sep 5, 2020
- How do dogs contract leptospirosis and how can it be prevented?
- Answered by: Dr. Alex Avery, BVSc
- Jun 21, 2019